April 1, 2021
MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Smiths Medical, a leading medical device manufacturer, today announces our partnership with Bainbridge Health. The partnership is offering a webinar that focuses on providing pharmacy and safety leaders with visibility into emerging trends in intravenous medication safety and utilization. The Insight to Action: How Visibility on Infusion Pump Data Can Promote Better Use of Clinical Decision Support in the Perioperative Environment webinar is being held on April 14, 2021 at 12 pm EDT, and interested pharmacy and safety leaders can register here.
“Smiths Medical is pleased to provide educational sponsorship to Bainbridge Health in support of our joint mission to improve the safe use of medications. Leveraging data to improve the safe delivery of intravenous medications, especially in specialty care areas such as the perioperative space, supports our purpose to help healthcare professionals and providers ensure safety, enhance patient outcomes, and improve the total cost of care,” said Debbi Child, PharmD BCPS, Global Clinical Marketing Manager for Smiths Medical.
The webinar will address challenges associated with the build and use of clinical decision support (CDS) in the perioperative setting. According to a survey conducted by the Institute for Safe Medication Practice, compliance to clinical decision support in the perioperative setting and procedural can be improved with an efficient drug library to build communication between anesthesia and pharmacy.
Featured panelists and subject matter experts include Ron Litman, DO, ML and Karen Guiliano, PhD, RN, who will review data from a cohort of Bainbridge Health’s network health system network and share insights into clinical practice.
- Learn trends in utilization for commonly used medications in the perioperative setting.
- Understand the clinical practice as it relates to infusion pump data.
- Learn ways to foster better communication between pharmacy and anesthesia to build better decision support.
“We are extremely excited to partner with Smiths Medical to provide valuable, educational content for clinicians,” said Bainbridge Health CEO, Joseph Kaupp. “Our mission is centered around sharing and disseminating knowledge to improve the safety and stewardship of medications. Having access to network knowledge is critical for continuous quality improvement.”
Webinar logistics and Registration: Insight to Action: How Visibility on Infusion Pump Data Can Promote Better Use of Clinical Decision Support in the Perioperative Environment will take place April 14, 2021 at 12 pm EDT. To register, click here.
ABOUT SMITHS MEDICAL
A leading supplier of specialized medical devices and equipment for global markets, focusing on the medication delivery, vital care and safety devices market segments. For more information, visit www.smiths-medical.com.
ABOUT BAINBRIDGE HEALTH
Bainbridge Health Inc. is a leading provider of software and services for the pharmacy industry. Through its Med O.S.® platform, the company provides resources and capabilities to prevent errors, save money, and eliminate waste of medications.
See published article here.
- Insight to Action: How Visibility on Infusion Pump Data Can Promote Better Use of Clinical Decision Support in the Perioperative Setting April 14, 2021
- Smiths Medical and Bainbridge Health Partner to Offer Webinar on Emerging Trends in Intravenous Medication Safety and Utilization April 1, 2021
- Assessing the Impact of Clinical Decision Support Interventions March 9, 2021
- COVID-19 Preparedness: A Conversation with Pharmacists on The Frontline November 10, 2020
- NextUp: The CHOP Spinout Reducing Medication Errors and Waste July 27, 2020