As a Solutions Engineer you will be the technical face of our organization to our customers, participating in the pre-sales and post-sales processes. You will also be the technical voice of the customer within our organization, participating in planning and after action reviews, gathering and soliciting feedback, and responding to questions and ideas that arise from customers engaging with our products and services.
One of our first 15 employees, you will report directly to the CTO, and work closely with the Chief Clinical Officer, Customer Success, and Product Engineering teams, playing a key role in growing the business and shaping how hospitals across the country safely and efficiently prepare and administer IV medications.
Who You Are
This is an ideal role for someone who combines excellent communication skills and conscientiousness with technical expertise. Direct, daily interaction with customers, learning on the job, and healthcare technology are things that motivate and interest you.
- You want a career that produces meaningful value in society
- You believe strongly in teamwork and collaboration.
- You can communicate complex ideas in an approachable and accessible manner.
- You are capable of giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You are excited to build tools that enable others.
- You are excited to be a part of building a new company and culture, combining strategic planning with hands-on work.
What You'll Do
- Participate in pre-sales calls to assist in answering technical questions customers have about the technical features and on-boarding tasks of the Med OS Platform.
- Participate in sales and procurement support activities such as coordinating customer technical and security assessments and questionnaires.
- Coordinate customer technical on-boarding activities, including the configuration and validation of the Med O.S. platform instance for each customer, connecting to both cloud-based and on-premise data sources, overseeing and validating the initial data ingests.
- Coordinating with customer IT organizations to implement the identity and access management configuration for each site.
- On-going monitoring and maintenance of customer instances.
- Gathering and reporting weekly and monthly customer technical metrics used for monitoring and prioritizing internal activities.
- Participating in customer-facing release management activities.
- Providing feedback on and participating in implementation of ad-hoc requests.
- Providing input on feature design, implementation, and roll-out.
- Helping gather customer feedback on potential and new features and product enhancements.
- Participating in security, compliance, disaster recovery and incident response protocols.
- Participating in team and customer planning and retrospective meetings.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a technical or non-technical, customer-facing role
- Experience using Unix command line tools and shells, such as bash or zsh.
- Experience writing SQL queries for databases like MySQL, Postgresql, SQL Server, or BigQuery.
- Knowledge of systems administration and configuration typically used in hospital IT, such as Windows and Linux based systems.
- Knowledge of network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting, especially firewalls and VPNs, HTTPS/TLS, and SFTP.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and occasional background and substance use screening, and other requirements necessary for on-site customer visits.
Any of the following would be considered preferential for any potential candidate, but not required for consideration.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, or clinical training, especially hospital pharmacy, nursing, informatics, or biomedical departments.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records systems, such as Epic or Cerner.
- Experience with health IT interoperability technologies such as HL7 messaging and FHIR web services.
- Experience with Enterprise Identity and Access Management protocols such as OAuth2/OIDC and SAML.
- Experience with encryption technologies such as TLS, PGP, SSH and SFTP.
- Experience with a statically typed programming language, such as Go, Swift, Java, C/C++, or Rust.
- Experience managing projects, supporting customers, or as a consultant or trainer.
- Familiarity with relevant IT Security and Compliance standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, SOC/SSAE18, ISO27001, NIST guidance and standards.
- Experience in a professional software engineering environment using source control, change management, code reviews, and documentation.