As a Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in the operations, planning and development of Bainbridge Health’s product services, with a focus on our Med O.S.® platform and operations. You will report to our Chief Technology Officer as part of our Product Engineering team. You will collaborate closely with our Customer Success team and take a proactive role in technical development decisions and execution. We are looking for a motivated engineer who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute to our mission.
Who You Are
- You are a motivated professional who values self-improvement, personal integrity, and conscientiousness.
- You want a career that produces meaningful value in society, not just clicks and carts.
- You believe strongly in teamwork and collaboration.
- You believe that talent requires hard work and dedication to produce meaningful results.
- You can communicate complex ideas in an approachable and accessible manner.
- You have a passion for building and analyzing distributed systems.
- You value simplicity and stability over complexity and fads.
- You enjoy reading other people’s code and learning from it.
- You are capable of giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You are excited to build tools that enable others.
What You'll Do
- You’ll help design, implement, test, and monitor one or more product modules.
- You’ll assess technical issues, and develop and implement remediation plans.
- You’ll participate in the code and design reviews that are central to our shared ownership values.
- You’ll be a part of setting goals and priorities for the product engineering team.
- You’ll support ongoing site operations activities such as backup verification, log review, access audits, simulated penetration tests, and security scans.
- You’ll help establish, track, and optimize our service level indicators, objectives, and agreements.
- You’ll be a part of our 24×7 on-call rotation, a shared responsibility across the team, with an incredibly low alert rate (99.98% uptime in 2018; we go weeks without a page outside of business hours).
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Programming experience with a dynamic language such as Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Elixir, etc.
- Programming experience with a static language such as Go, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Experience working with SQL databases, such as MySQL, PostreSQL, and BigQuery
- Experience with caching tools such as memcached, redis, and groupcache
- Experience with shell scripts (bash) and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (we primarily use Google Cloud Platform, GCP)
- Experience working in a professional software environment using source control (git), an issue tracker (JIRA, GitHub, GitLab, etc.), continuous integration, code reviews, and some kind of agile development process (we follow a Lean Software Development model, not Scrum)
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Experience in healthcare or other highly-regulated industry
- Knowledge of, or experience with, standards and regulations such as ISO 27001, AICPA SOC, HIPAA, HITECH, FedRAMP, GDPR, PIPEDA, etc.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, security standards such as CSA STAR, NIST 800-52, 800-53, 800-63, and FIPS 140-2
- Experience with encryption technologies such as TLS, PGP, SSH, and SFTP
- Knowledge of, or experience with, healthcare data standards such as HL7, IHE-PCD, FHIR
- Experience with security and privacy audits, and business continuity planning
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with distributed schedulers and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with hospital infusion pump architecture